- Origin: Flores Bajawa Ekoheto
- Roast: Medium to dark roast
- Tasting notes: Dark chocolate, Caramel, Subtle Spice
- Farmers: Valdi Prata
- Altitude: 1600 m
- Variety: Lini S, 795
- Process: Semi - Wash, Gilih Basah
The Flores Bajawa is famed for its exceptional high altitude, making the beans developing slower & sweeter. Due to its remoteness, this region, unlike most other parts in Indonesia, only started growing coffee in the 1970s resulting from cooperation between the government and a local forest research centre. Thanks to its sublime location at the foot of the Inerie volcano, with rough nature and altitude up to 1600m, the plantations are well located to produce amazing Arabica Coffee. Bajawa means prospering valley. The region is very traditional. After every harvest all tribes reunite for a big offering ceremony called Reba, expressing gratitude for the crops.
This Coffee is both great in Espresso and in Filter & French Press. Do mind you select the right grind type for your preferred brewing method.
* Bonus tip: for maximum freshness & aroma, we recommend ordering whole beans and grinding your coffee on the spot @ home/office. After all our effort, it would be a shame to see much of the freshness vaporised throughout this last cycle of the coffee journey. If you do not have your own grinder, take a look at our affordable Burr grinders here.
Exceptional Specialty Coffee
We select, improve & import the finest Indonesian Green Coffee all by ourselves. Check our Farm video to know a little more about our sourcing.
Super Fresh Roast
We roast Fresh 3 times/week, so your coffee will always be delivered within 72 hours of roast.
Check our science of freshness here.
Fast Doorstep Delivery
Order between 9am and 4pm between monday and friday and receive your coffee within 72h.
We work 1st hand with all our Farms & try to establish a sustainable framework where possible. By purchasing our coffee, you are directly contributing to improving coffee farms & lives in the whole farm community. Follow our mission on Instagram & Facebook.
We grow Sustainable
Together with partners such as Too good to go & our system of demand driven supply chain, we avoid overstock, waste & too much footprint. We also roast on our Giesen W15a - one of the Lowest Emission Machines in the world. Every bit and bean helps.